TU Dortmund University aims to make its websites and mobile applications accessible without barriers in accordance with EU Directive 2016/2102. The following declaration on accessibility documents the implementation status for the website im.mb.tu-dortmund.de in accordance with the Ordinance on the Creation of Barrier-Free Information Technology in accordance with the North Rhine-Westphalia Equal Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities Act.
Status of compatibility with the requirements
This website is partially compliant with EU Directive 2016/2102.
Methodology of the audit: self-assessment
Created on: 22.09.2020 Last checked on: 17.07.2023
The content listed below is not accessible:
- PDF documents embedded in the website.
- Some captions from technical documentation
- Some areas of the website have insufficient color contrast.
- Due to the large number of PDF documents made available that were created before 23.09.2018, it has not yet been possible to convert them to an accessible format. They will be successively adapted.
- Due to the large number of images and graphics in the technical documentation that were created before 23.09.2018, it has not yet been possible to convert them all into an accessible format. They will be adapted successively.
- In the case of non-accessible documents, please contact the contact option given below.
- The web presences of TU Dortmund University are currently being revised and transferred to a new CMS that meets the basic standards and technical specifications. Due to the large number of web presences, most of which are very extensive, the changeover is taking place gradually.
Feedback and contact details
You can report accessibility compliance deficiencies and request information about content that is exempt from the policy.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Menzel
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jörn Mosler
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering/Institute of Mechanics
Dortmund University of Technology
If you would like to contact the Institute of Mechanics, please use the comments by mail (see below) or the e-mail address given under Contact.
Please include the keyword accessibility in your message and let us know which content you are referring to by mentioning the URL.
If you have not received a satisfactory response to accessibility notices or requests within six weeks, you can contact the Ombudsman's Office for Accessible Information Technology. It is assigned to the Representative for the Interests of Persons with Disabilities in accordance with Section 11 of the North Rhine-Westphalia Equal Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities Act. If you would like an ombudsman procedure, please fill out the corresponding application and send it to the ombudsman's office by e-mail.
Ombuds Office for Accessible Information Technology of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia at the State Commissioner for People with Disabilities Fürstenwall 25 40219 Düsseldorf
Further information on accessibility at TU Dortmund University
On the following page you will find an overview of measures taken by the TU Dortmund University to reduce barriers as well as helpful links to offers and contact persons: TU Dortmund inclusive
DoBuS - the Department of Disability and Studies at TU Dortmund University - offers advice and services for students and lecturers with the aim of creating equal opportunities for persons with disabilities or chronic illnesses in studying and teaching. About DoBuS
The TU Dortmund offers information about its profile in plain language.